Reference Desk: 697-4436
Mon - Thurs 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Students will research problems using LexisNexis™ Academic, IRS and other websites to answer questions
- Topic: Set of federal tax cases (from textbook)
- Exposure to quality sources
- Assignment due late November/early December
1. Create a "trail" of your research.
Record the terms you have tried in case you need to keep researching.
2. Note there can be more than one way to find tax information.
Court cases can have parallel citations, for example. 503 U.S. 79; 112 S. Ct. 1039 are parallel citations for the Indopco Inc. v. Comm. case.
The U.S. Reports and the Supreme Court Reporter are published by different publishers and have the same U.S. Supreme Court cases.