- Managerial Accounting
- Cost Concepts
- Job-Order Cost Accounting Systems
- Process Cost Accounting Systems
- Cost-Volume-Profit Relationships
- Variable Costing and Segment Reporting: Tools for Management
- Profit Planning (Budgeting)
- Flexible Budgets and Performance Analysis
- Standard Costs and Variances
- Performance Measurement in Decentralized Organizations
- Differential Analysis
Locate and summarize accounting article(s) from a professional journal, such as Journal of Accountancy, or a reliable Internet source.
Select an article:
- you find interesting,
- has enough content to summarize in a one page paper,
- published in the past 5 years
- on any topic covered in Cost and Budgeting.
Print the abstract and complete article and submit to the instructor for approval.
Read and summarize the article in a one to two page single-spaced paper using font size 11. You should first summarize what the author(s) have stated in the article and then provide your interpretation or analysis of the article. Articles will be presented during the last week of classes.
You may choose one of the following options:
- Summarize one article and
Attend the Accounting Reunion on Thursday, Nov. 8 from 5:30-6:30 and
write a brief summary of the speaker’s comments.
- Summarize two articles.
Nov. 26, 2012 - Articles approved by instructor
Dec. 5, 2012: Article written summaries and oral presentations