This information is current as of Fall 2013.
- 90 Windows 7 computers in the Information Commons with headphones
- 26 Windows 7 computers in the Library Classroom with headphones
- 2 ADA-compliant workstations
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Adobe Reader 11
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote)
- Microsoft Office 2013 Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote)
- NetBeans IDE 7.3
- OPAC (Office Proficiency Assessment & Certification) System 10 -- Requires password. Students enter SS# and press OK.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser for ChSCC & RODP courses
- Windows DVD Maker
The library does not provide training, tutoring, or help with software except for Microsoft Office. Student assistants and librarians can help students with Microsoft Word & PowerPoint.
ADA (American Disabilities Act) Workstations
- Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Web Premium CS3
- CS3 is installed on the two ADA workstation located next to the DVD rack near circulation
- Gregg College Keyboarding and Document Processing Software
- Jaws 9.0 Magnifier
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, OneNote...)
- NetBeans IDE 7.0
- Open Book 7.0
- Power DVD DX
- Respondus Lockdown Browser for CSCC & RODP courses
- Scanner Menu
- Visual Studio
- Windows Movie Maker
Library Computer Center
The Information Commons before the renovation
The area of the library with computers for student use is called the Information Commons. This is what it looked like before the 2013 renovation.
Apple Computers & Software
22 iMac computers with accompanying software and hardware:
2 copies of CS5 Master Collection for Mac (Provided by SGA)
2 copies of CS4 Web Premium
6 headsets with boom microphones (Provided by SGA)
6 SD card readers
To be revised in Fall 2013
The Multimedia Room is also used as a conference room and group study space. It may be reserved for 2 hours at a time. Reserve the room at the Service Desk or by calling Debora Ervin at 697-4448. These computers have the following software:
- Camtasia Studio 7
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Access, Excel, Groove, OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint, Word)
- Power DVD, Real Player, Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker and Acrobat 7 Professional
- Skype & Webcams are installed on the two computers in the conference/multimedia room.
- One computer has SpeedEdit.
- Two have Pinnacle Video Editing Software.
- Webcams and recording software is installed on the two computers in the conference/multimedia room.
To be revised in Fall 2013
There are six scanners available for students:
- 2 at the ADA workstations
- 2 at the multimedia computers (1 Mac/ 1 PC)
- 1 at student work station
- 1 in the multi-media/conference room.
- 1 at the Reference Desk
- 1 easy scanner at the Help Desk