Summer Library Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Weekend hours begin in September.
Kolwyck Library is getting a makeover!
Library resources and staff are temporarily located in the Reading Center - IMC 215.
Main Library 423.697.4448
Table Clinic Assignment
A table clinic is an informal 5‐8 minute table‐top presentation using oral communication (verbal presentation) and visual media aids (display board, handout, brochure, laptop, hands‐on participation, demonstration, etc) to inform, clarify or review material on a certain topic. A table clinic should contain helpful and current information which will enhance the knowledge of the attendees.
Use at least five sources other than the textbook, from appoved list of professional literature (dental or medical journals), published within the last five years.
All students will present a table clinic in class as a grade assignment for DAST 1170. The presentation will be evaluated by Ms. Castleberry and your classmates. The top presenters will represent Chattanooga State at a competition sponsored by the Chattanooga Area Dental Assistants Society.
Assignment due: April 5, 2013
Date: June 21, 2013
Location: Chatt State, HSC Lobby and Rm. 1038
Time: 6:30 - 7:30 pm, competition Ca$H Prize$!
How Table Clinics Are Judged
The City Competition will be judged by practicing dental professionals as follows:
- Topic (appropriate, value to dentistry, current, relevant)
- Research (thorough, sources cited)
- Communication skills/oral presentation effectiveness
- Voice Quality: Volume; Clarity of speech
- Vocabulary appropriate to audience
- Body language (posture, gestures, eye contact)
- Time of oral presentation (5‐8 minutes)
- Quality of visual media aids (display board, handout, brochure, laptop, hands‐on participation, demonstration, etc)
- Presentation informs and clarifies topic
- Presentation engages attendee and enhances knowledge of attendee
- Presentation was technically accurate and contained current information Presenter was knowledgeable of subject (Q & A)
- Presenter was dressed appropriately (uniform, business attire, or other appropriate clothing)
Neither the table clinic nor the presenter should be identified by school name.