Assignment for Essay 3:
Topic: In what circumstances can monocultural attitudes be seen in the United States today? Write a research-based essay in which you discuss a particular monocultural attitude. You will use at least two works from the “American Culture” section of Writing on the River in your discussion.
Length Requirement: 750-1000 words
Format: Use the MLA-Style Manuscript Guidelines detailed on pages 213-31 of your handbook. Try not to use the first person (I, me) or second person (you). If you use them, do so sparingly.
Source Requirements: You must use a minimum of four (4) sources:
1. Two sources must come from the “American Culture” section in Writing on the River.
2. Two sources must come from outside references.
Submission: Save as LastNameFirstNameEssay3. Submit to dropbox.
NOTE: As college students, you will be asked to go beyond the "What is" paper and the mere repetition of information.
You should focus on strengthening your ability to
1) choose authoritative sources and reliable information,
2) analyze and synthesize information,
3) create thought-provoking questions,
4) engage in problem-solving and critical thinking.