Write a 750 – 1000 word persuasive/argumentative essay to include a minimum of two references from the text/handout and two references from outside sources, with correct MLA formatting and a corresponding Works Cited page. So, there will be a total of at least four references.Please bring a hard copy to class for peer editing and submit the final product to the dropbox in eLearn, in the Essay 3 folder.
The following is a list of broad topics of issues surrounding television, in which you can use to begin to determine your thesis. All of these topics are much too broad for your essay’s thesis. You must determine a specific opinion/thesis within these broad topics. It is crucial that your thesis is narrow and focused enough to achieve sufficient depth for a college-level paper.
· Gender roles established in television
· Effects of 24-hour news
· Censorship of Television
· Effects of television on children
· The effects that new electronic innovations and new types of media will have on television
· The effects of how other countries see the U.S. based on American television
· Television Addiction
Image credit to www.neatorama.com
Use a Guiding Question
"Every research should be based on a problem, a question that begs a solution, that provokes discussion."
Why? Guiding questions:
- address meaningful problems, issues or debates
- are open ended with no single correct answer
- can be re-examined over time
- designed to be thought provoking
- promotes sustained focused inquiries
- define tasks, express problems, and delineate issues
Source: Elements of a Project Plan