First Formal Writing Assignment Comp2
1. Write a 600 word (roughly 2.5 pages) compare/contrast essay on any two of the works in the Innocence/Experience section of The River Reader. You should compare three or more analytical elements. You may use an outside (secondary) source if you wish, as well.
2. The essay should be thesis-driven and the thesis should be clearly stated.
3. The essay should contain at least one quote from each of the works you are comparing/ contrasting and a works cited page.
4. The essay should be typed, double-spaced, with your name, the course name and date in the upper left hand corner. You should use 12 point font.
5. Assessment will be based upon the strength of your thesis, relevant support, continuity/flow, diction and proper syntax.
6. A draft of the essay is due on Friday, September 21st. You must bring 2 copies of your essay to class that day for peer review.
7. The final version of the essay must be submitted electronically on e-learn through the appropriate drop box on Monday, September 24th.