CHATT with us!
Monday - Thursday:
7:30 am - 9:00 pm
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Students will be writing individual essays and working on group projects that focus on Shakespeare and several of his plays, as well as the plays' place in the history of Elizabethan theatre.
The assignment consists of two parts. See the description of the Source Search part under the Assignment tab above left. Information about the group project is forthcoming. Timeline is as follows:
1. Source Search Paper Due (one per student) – no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 18th in eLearn Dropbox
2. Group Project Progress Report #1 Due (one per group)- no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 4th in eLearn Drobbox
3. Group Project Progress Report #2 Due (one per group)- no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 18th in eLearn Drobbox
4. Group Annotated Bibliography Due (one per group)- no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17th in eLearn Drobbox
5. Group Powerpoint for Presentation Due (one per group)- no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17th in eLearn Drobbox
6. Summary of Effort Statement (one per student) – no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 26th in eLearn Dropbox
First Folio, William Shakespeare — $6 million
Though the First Folio’s original price was a single pound (one or two more if you wanted it bound in leather or otherwise adorned), intact copies are now among the most highly prized finds among book collectors, with only an estimated 228 (out of an original 750) left in existence. In 2001, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen purchased a copy for $6,166,000 at Christie’s New York.