The purpose of Kolwyck Library and Information Commons instruction is to promote information literacy by teaching students to identify their information needs, to locate and evaluate information, and to use information responsibly. Our librarians effectively collaborate with CSTCC instructors to create sessions using library and other resources to enhance and meet class assignment criteria.
Best Practices for Scheduling Instruction:
- Library instruction should be scheduled to support a research activity or assignment. Don't have a specific research component in your class? We can collaborate on a research activity!
- Classes should be scheduled 7 days prior to desired date.
- Classes should be scheduled to support students as they begin work on an assignment, not too far in advance.
- Students should have prior knowledge of their assignment and be prepared to begin.
- Faculty are encouraged to interact with students and library instructors during the class.