Follow instructions given in your professor's syllabus to do the formal report. Taken from the OF 105 syllabus:
Research Paper Guidelines: The topic of the report must be chosen from a list of approved topics. You must have the topic approved before beginning your research.
·MLA guidelines will be followed.
· Standard, white 8.5 x 11-inch paper in portrait, unbound; finished paper will be stapled in the upper left-hand corner of the paper (careful on the placement of the staple); this will be your marked-up copy
· You must make the revisions indicated on the marked-up copy and include the perfect paper in your portfolio
· Page count: 6 minimum pages - 10 maximum pages excluding title page, works cited page, and other extra pages
· References: minimum of 1 book; 1 Internet source; 1 magazine/newspaper article; plus 2 additional sources of your choice
Additional Assignment Directions for Research Paper
The following paper requirements will not be the focus of this library instruction, but please be aware of these course requirements:
Margins = 1" top/bottom/left/right
· Font: Times New Roman 12 point
· Double-space the text of the paper
· Leave only one space after periods or other punctuation marks
· Indent the first line of paragraphs one-half inch from the left margin. Use the Tab key; do not press the Space Bar five times.
· Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number; number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin. Omit last name/page number header on the first page of the report itself.
· Page numbers for the Memo of Transmittal, Table of Contents, List of Figures or Charts, and Executive Summary are small Roman numerals (ii, iii, etc.) at the bottom of each page
· Must include at least one figure or chart of information, properly referenced in the text and properly labeled
· Required pages:
o Title page (include your name, class name, semester, and title of paper)
o Memo of Transmittal
o Table of Contents (with correct numbering of pages)
o List of Figures or Charts
o Executive Summary
o Report itself (6 - 10 pages)
o Works Cited (MLA style)
· Note that the title on page 1 of the report body is 2" from the top of the page
· Use MLA in-text format for citations in the paper
· You will be responsible for a perfectly "spelled" paper.
(423) 697-2640 Direct