Choose a specific type of media (TV show, specific website, specific magazine)
- or choose a genre of media (fashion magazines, celebrity news, etc.)
How does this media/genre frame the world?
What elements does the piece use to shape this world?
-Consider aims & effects (audience, creator)
Use at least 3 ADDITIONAL RELIABLE OUTSIDE SOURCES to support your argument.
Use specific examples from the media of your choice.
Cite sources within the essay and on a "Works Cited" page.
Some Questions to Ponder
- What things does this media use to get me interested? Lots of pictures? Large text? Type of music?
- Who is this media for? May say upfront; consider the type of articles, photos used or not
- Who is/are the organization or authors writing for it? This group or individuals may support certain point of view
- Agree or disagree with the media's viewpoint/perspective? Why/why not ?