Course: ENGL 2710 – Technical Reports Erica Lux Assistant Professor, Humanities/Fine Arts Faculty Advisor, Phi Theta Kappa Office: H-212 (423)697-3233
Professional Development: the advancement of skills or expertise to succeed in a particular profession, esp. through continued education
Profession: a vocation requiring knowledge of some department of learning or science
Professional: a person who is expert at his or her work
characteristics: trait; feature; ability; distinguishing quality; attribute
expectations: something hoped for or anticipated
self-directed: directed or guided by oneself
qualifications: a quality, accomplishment, etc., that fits a person for some function, office, or the like.
Definitions from: Dictionary.com
Research your profession of choice and determine:
- What defines this profession (characteristics, expectations, qualifications, etc.)
- Expectations for self-directed continuing professional development
- Resources available to these professionals
Create and send a memo to your instructor to:
- Explain the process you followed in conducting the search
- Provide an outline or paragraph summary of the information.
- Include an MLA formatted Works Cited Page.