Learn about TigerID!
Your TigerID is a username assigned to you for logging in to TigerWeb and eLearn.
Get Started by using the TigerID Wizard to find your TigerID and set up your password.
Important: You will NOT use your TigerID login to sign in to RODP online classes. Please follow the instructions at elearn.rodp.org.
Q: "The TigerWeb Login box asks me for my TigerID. Is that the same thing as my A-number?"
A: No, your TigerID is a special username that you will use to log in to TigerWeb and eLearn. To find your TigerID, look beneath the TigerWeb log-in box for a grey box with the big heading TigerID Wizard. When you enter your A-number into this tool, you will be given your TigerID. You will also need to set up a new password after entering the last 4 digits of your social security number.
Q: "I don't know my A-number. How can I find it?"
A: To find your A-number, go to the TigerWeb login page and scroll down to the TigerID Wizard. Underneath "Step 1: Enter Your A Number" you should see the question "What is an 'A Number'?". Click on the underlined blue link to the A Number Lookup Tool. Enter your Social Security number and date of birth (m/d/yy--see example) and type the security words in the box at the bottom. Click Submit Form and it will give you your A-number.
Q: "Do I have to reset my password? I liked my old one."
A: If you have not logged in to TigerWeb since May 2013, you must set up a new password to use with your new TigerID. However, if you wish, you may use the same password that you used with your old A-number login.
Q: "I don't remember my TigerID password. Who can reset it for me?"
A: You can now reset the password yourself. To do this, we recommend using the TigerID Wizard. You will need to know your A-number and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number in order to create a new password.
Q: "When I try to reset my password, it says my A-number is not valid, but I know the A-number is correct. What's wrong?"
A: This can happen if there is a hold on your account from Admissions. To check this, go the Chattanooga State home page at www.chattanoogastate.edu, then click on Admissions in the menu bar and select Admissions Status. You may also use this direct link: https://anum.chattanoogastate.edu/appinfoentr.asp If you need to clear up any issues that are holding up your admission to the college, please call Admissions & Records at 697-4401.
If you are sure there are no holds on your account, there may be an error in the way your TigerID was created by the system. You should let IT Services know about the problem by submitting a Tech Support Help Request and describe the error you get and what you have tried so that your issue can be investigated quickly.
Q: "I was able to log in to TigerWeb OK yesterday, but today it tells me my username and password don't match. What happened?"
A: This problem can happen if the device you are using has not been fully shut down for awhile. Devices can retain information in temporary memory that can interfere with the login process. Be sure to completely power off your device periodically to clear out this memory. For Windows laptops, this means you must select "Shut down" from the Start menu. Closing the laptop cover or unplugging the laptop is not enough.
Q: "I found out what my TigerID is and created a new password, but it still won't let me log in. What do I do now?"
A: This could be due to one of several problems:
- Make sure your password contains no special characters, such as an asterisk (*) or a slash (/). Try using a password that contains just numbers and letters.
- You may be having problems related to the computer you are using or the web browser you are using. Try the process again on another computer, or try downloading and installing a different free browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome.
- You may need to clear your browser's cache so that it uses the new information: How to clear your cache
- If you have just enrolled in the college, it may take up to 24 hours for the system to set up everything needed for you to log in to TigerWeb. Please try again the next day.
- Because of the private information in TigerWeb, you can only log in if you are on a secure network. If you are using the Guest WiFi on campus, you may be blocked from logging in to TigerWeb because the Guest network is open and has no security.
- If you have tried several times to log in with an incorrect password, the system may have locked you out temporarily. Try again (typing carefully!) in 30 minutes.
- If you were a Chattanooga State student years ago and are now returning, your TigerWeb account may have expired. You should submit a Tech Support Help Request and describe your situation so that your account can be reactivated.
- Occasionally there can be an error in the way a student's TigerID was created by the system and it must be corrected by IT Services. If you have not been able to log in with the correct password and you do not have any of the problems above, you should submit a Tech Support Help Request and describe what you have tried so that your issue can be investigated.
If you have further questions or problems, call:
Student Tech Help Desk (in the library) at 697-5595 (Available during normal library operating hours.)
System Status Information
Go to the User Tools page (https://itservices.chattanoogastate.edu/user-tools.php) and look in the right margin to see the current status of the campus computer systems.
If you cannot find a solution to your problem in this guide, you can request assistance from Student Tech Support by clicking on this link: Tech Support Help Request
For a faster response, be sure to include details about any error messages you see and what you have tried.
Campus Online Services
You will use several online services while you are a student at Chattanooga State. Below are links to helpful information about each service.
If you have forgotten both your TigerID and your password but know your A-number, use the TigerID Wizard to find your TigerID and reset your password.
If you have forgotten your A-number, you can retrieve it here:
A Student ID is required for proctored tests, at the Tiger Tech Station, and for other services that require proof of enrollment.
Student Life Center
Health and Physical Fitness Building (gym), Room HPF 104