What is Tiger Tech Station?
The Tiger Tech Station is a free service available in Chattanooga State's Kolwyck Library. Students from TCAT's Computer Operations Technology (COT) program as well as Chattanooga State's Networking and Information Systems programs are offering technology hardware assistance to current Chattanooga State students and employees. This includes such services as:
- helping a laptop run faster
- replacing hard drives (the new hard drive must be provided)
- fixing sticky keyboards
- helping download a new driver for a tablet
- assisting with customizing Windows 8
- explaining how to save cell phone contacts to an SD card
- and much more!
Before the Tiger Tech Station can provide service:
- Students must present a Chattanooga State student ID.
- Faculty or staff must show proof of employment (name badge, ID, etc.).
- A brief waiver must be signed before a Tiger Tech can touch any device.
- The customer must agree to remain with the device while it is being serviced.
If the customer cannot remain with the device or if the device must be opened for more extensive service, the Tiger Tech will fill out a Service Order form and the client will take the device to the Tiger Tech Base in the TCAT Building for the work to be done. There is NO CHARGE for any labor, but any needed parts must be purchased by the device’s owner.
Note: Desktop computers should be taken directly to the Tiger Tech Base. See the column at right for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Amy Campbell 697-2667 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Wentworth 697-4729 email@example.com
Tiger Tech Hours
Tiger Tech Station
TIGER TECH TUESDAYS
Every Tuesday in the Library
9:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Tiger Tech Base
TCAT Building, Rm 33
Summer 2014 Hours
(Other times available by
Mon 8:00 - 11:30 am
Tues 8:00 - 11:30 am
Thur 8:00 - 11:30 am
Fri 8:00 - 11:30 am
Summer 2014 Tiger Techs