Open Video from Library's Catalog
Since eLearn does not consistenly open library database links,
one option is to use the catalog link.
- Select your video.
- Search for the title in the library's catalog.
- At the top of the page, locate the "Permanent link to this record."
- Copy and paste the link as your video link in eLearn
Once the direct link is completed:
- Students will select this link in your eLearn course.
- The link will direct them to the catalog record.
- Students will then select "View this video online."
- Library password will be required to open the video if student is off-campus.
Create Direct Links
- Select "Embed/Link" (or "Stable URL") and copy the link that will appear.
- Add the library prefix:
- Create a Tiny.cc of this long link (eLearn will not accept the longer link).
Go to Tiny.cc website. Paste your long database link into the box and "tiny!" it.
- Use this Tiny.cc (short URL) within eLearn.
Send to Mobile Device
Note: A mobile link lasts 48 hours.
- Select the mobile device icon above the video screen.
- Choose one of the "Send to mobile device" options.